Mude is committed to providing you with the best possible user experience and doing so in a safe, secure and professional manner.
Mude is bound by the Privacy Act 1988 (Cth) [Australia], which sets out a number of principles concerning the privacy of individuals. Put simply, in order for us to operate our business and website properly, there are occasions where it is necessary to collect or process personal information (data) about you.
All reasonable efforts have been made to ensure that Mude complies with both Australian and international data protection and privacy laws, like the European Union’s General Data Protection Regulation (‘GDPR’) and all personal data that is collected or processed is held safely and securely and is only used for the appropriate purpose and held for the appropriate amount of time.
Overview of what constitutes personal information
• Information provided to us by you directly, such as your name or email address when filling out an online form, sending us a message on our contact page or the minimum required information in order to complete a purchase of one of our products
• Information that is automatically sent to us by your computer’s Internet browser when you visit our website, such as your IP address, which browser you are using (eg. Google Chrome, Safari, etc) and which type of device you are using (eg. desktop, tablet, mobile, etc.)
• Information collected in relation to your usage of our website or products, such as which pages you visit, how often you visit the website, etc.
Collection of your personal information
The collection of personal information is only completed when necessary. Information is neither stored nor collected if it is not required for Mude to carry out its duties as a business and in providing reasonable service to website users and customers.
Sharing and the security of your personal information
We may occasionally hire external companies to provide services on our behalf, including but not limited to handling customer support enquiries, processing transactions or deliver digital goods. Those companies will be permitted to obtain only the personal information they need to deliver the service.
The external companies that Mude engages with for data processing include (but are not exclusively limited to) the use of a website host, email service provider, analytics service (Google Analytics), lead generation software and others. All appropriate measures have been taken to ensure that these external companies are also compliant with Australian and international data protection and privacy laws (like the ‘GDPR’).
Security precautions are taken in relation to both sharing personal information with these external companies and with Mude’s internal data security measures. No personal data is stored on portable devices, system logins are kept secure and all files containing sensitive data are password protected. Https and SSL certificates are also used on this website to ensure a secure web environment.
Use of your personal information
As mentioned above in ‘the overview’, for each visitor to reach the site, we expressively collect the following non-personally identifiable information, including but not limited to browser type, version and language, operating system, pages viewed while browsing the site, page access times and referring website address. This collected information is used solely internally for the purpose of gauging visitor traffic, trends and delivering personalised content to you while you are at this site.
Your information is held securely in our website database and it is not accessible to any individuals or organisations outside of those working for or with Mude. We will never sell, rent or trade any of your personal information to anyone.
Mude operates a subscription newsletter service. If at any time a website visitor does not wish to receive the newsletter anymore an ‘unsubscribe’ link is contained in each email which will result in no further communication other than to inform that unsubscription has been successful.
Your rights to your personal information
If you have provided us with personal information (eg. completed an online form) you have certain rights that you may exercise with regards to this personal information.
• You have the right to be informed of when your personal information is being collected and how it is being used by us
• You have the right to ask if your personal information is being processed by us and the right to an answer from us in a reasonable time frame – at little or no cost to you • You have the right to correct or complete any or all of your personal information entries, including personal information that is shared with a third party data processor
• Under specific circumstances (found under Section 2, Article 17 of the GDPR), you have the right to request removal of your personal information from Mude.
• Under specific circumstances (found under Section 2, Article 17 of the GDPR), you have the right to request a block on the processing of your personal information from Mude.
• You have the right to request and reuse your personal information for your own purposes anywhere you want by transferring it across different IT environments
• You have the right to object to the use of your personal information and make a case that Mude does not need the personal information it is processing in order to perform its business function
Please note that Mude contains some links to other websites. Mude is not responsible for the privacy practices of these other sites. We encourage our users to be aware that when they leave our site that you read the privacy statements of each web site that might collect personally identifying information.
Terms of Service
You also agree to abide by this Terms of Service that forms part of the disclosures.
Unless otherwise stated:
You must not, at any time, republish material from Mude.
You must not, at any time, sell, rent, or sub-license material from Mude.
You must not, at any time, reproduce, duplicate or copy material from Mude.
You must not, at any time, create frames around the web pages contained on Mude.
You must also not use any similar techniques that alter the appearance or visual representation of Mude.
Reservation of Rights
Unless otherwise stated:
All intellectual property rights are reserved by the owners of Mude. We reserve the right at any time to request that you remove any or all links to our website. By linking to this website, you agree to be bound by these linking terms and the Terms of Service found above.
Mude is protected by the laws outlined in Copyright Act 1968 (Cth) [Australia]. As per the Terms of Service above, you may not breach the copyright laws of Australia or any country or entity internationally by reproducing any of the material found on Mude.
All of the images that we use on the blog are either owned by ourselves, taken from royalty-free websites or licensed images.